“Travel Kollekt gives travellers authorship of their journeys. We combine content and functionality from digital, social, and physical ecosystems to create personally curated guide books. Travel Kollekt is a platform and publishing tool with an “on demand” archive for travel inspiration. We liberate content so that it is customizable and curatable while retaining the distinct experience of a book in hand.”
Travel Kollekt is a “on demand” inspiration platform and personal publishing tool. Together with Moleskine® we share a mission to support travellers, wherever they choose to go and however they choose to travel.
Travel Kollekt allow travelers to be present, giving space for more personal contact and meaningful interaction. We believe in individuality and the wisdom of the crowds. And we also want to prove that planning, sustainable travel and serendipity can go hand in hand.
We are bringing paper and books back into the traveling experience. We have taken it upon ourselves to liberate content from its current constrained formats and distracting social media. Instead, we let you curate inspiration & expert content to create personal travel guides. We do this because memories in books have the power to last.
As part of our journey to replace the existing planning tools and traditional publishing channels in travel literature our founders have all signed The Copenhagen Letter. To make sure that we remember our purpose and mission when we develop our product we follow this set of design principles from Center for Humane Technology.
Every journey is a book yet to be written.
Define travel. Make it yours.
Louise Brandstrup Zastrow, Founder of Travel Kollekt
“As a traveller I’ve realized the need to disconnect to connect. I want to prove that planning, sustainability and serendipity can go hand in hand. By bringing back paper and books into the traveling experience Travel Kollekt encourages travelers to be present, giving space for more personal contact, meaningful and serendipitous interaction.”
Louise is a creative strategist, editor and curator.
She has 10+ years of experience with creating concepts and building strong brands such as Republic of Fritz Hansen & GUBI. She has also founded ‘dot the i’ – a micro-global studio and consultancy guiding top executives and decision makers on brand, communication and design strategy. She has written and curated award-winning cookbooks, travel books, magazines & blogs – both International and Danish.
She is a life-long traveler who has lived in Paris, Bangkok & Copenhagen, and I have traveled and lived as a digital nomad on more than one occasion.
Her background in design & brand management, digital communication, media production & management, multimedia design & communication.
André Kirsten, Brand & Communications
“I believe in brand strategy as a process that ensures business results while it creates a positive impact on society.”
André holds a master in Master in Sociology/ Networked Communication, a Post graduate degree in Psychoanalytic and Semiotics and a Bachelor in Communications/ Advertising. Has has worked with strategic planning and brand dna for global brands for more than 8 years. He is our master in framing the right words to communicate our vision of why personal choices and increased presence in travel matters.
Micol Mieli, Writer for Travel Kollekt & Ph.D. Candidate at Lund University
“As a Ph.D. student in social science, I literally spend my life trying to understand the whys and the hows of people’s behaviour, so this is what I want to talk about in this post. It is quite intuitive that for a sustainable world, we need sustainable behaviour. But how do we get there? And why aren’t we there yet?“
Micol is a Ph.D. Candidate at Lund University currently studying how travelers use different tourism information sources in the digital age. Micol also writes for Travel Kollekt exploring the relationship between sustainability, serendipity and travel planning. Occasionally she will also share insights from the studies conducted at the university to make her research available to the broader public eye.
To download press materials – please visit our dropbox showcase
For interviews, quotes & more information please contact us at email@example.com
Techsavvy – TechBrief, the most important Danish & International news in tech condensed & curated.
A Quiet Day, JP – FUTURE Issue – Founder portrait & Interview in Japanese Magazine
Bootstrapping.dk – Travel-startup in partnership with Moleskine: “We want to be able to run our business freely”
Trendsonline.dk – Digital nomade i Thailand med hele familien. (Founders portrait, Danish only)
FRIENDS & PARTNERS
“In Moleskine we believe in the importance of the journey of body and the journey of the mind. Traveling has always been near to our hearts and a significant part of our identity. In Travel Kollekt we see the opportunity to cater to both of these journeys. By allowing users to expand their experience of travel and stimulate a travel beyond the high streets of this world we open our platform to enable a more personal and richer form of journey. “
– Peter Hobolt Jensen, Director of Digital Innovation
Together with Moleskine® we share a mission to support travellers, wherever they choose to go and however they choose to travel. While we are working on bringing you a solution for Print-on-Demand real books – these pages are optimized for DIY printing. It represents a new take on the classic black notebook, a “digital hack”. This initiative is supported by Moleskine®.
what3words – A new & simple way to talk about location:
what3words is a really simple way to talk about location. We have divided the world into a grid of 3m x 3m squares and assigned each one a unique 3 word address. It means anyone can accurately find any location and share it more quickly, easily and with less ambiguity than any other system.
We recommend you download the what3words app to make full use of your books. Doing so will allow you to travel and navigate completely offline. No roaming charges or media to disturb your plan. Fully immerse yourself in the journey itself and the people you’re about to meet.
Ambassadors & Content providers: Coming soon
Friends of Travel Kollekt:
We Travel – is all about responsible travel, made by humans for humans. We sell trips, tours, and overnights which are extraordinary.
Also supported by: Wonderful Copenhagen – TourismX
Collage Artist: Naja Tolsing
Identity: Britt Engelhardt Gundersen
Fonts: MS Studio — Karmilla / Noto / Paul Grotesk / Fabrikat
Icons for categorization and structure from the Noun Project: “Acropolis of Athens” by Chanut is Industries, “nature” by Made by Made, “Culture” by Mary Bowie, “market” by arif fajar yulianto, “Restaurant” by Artdabana@Design, “cocktails” by Creative Mania, “sleep” by Zech Nelson, “Glasses” by Gregor Cresnar, “more” by zena
We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
A. Information Gathering and Usage
When you register for Travel Kollekt we ask for information such as your name and email address. Members who sign up for the free account are not required to enter a credit card.
Travel Kollekt uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Cookies are required to use the Travel Kollekt service.
C. Location Services
Travel Kollekt uses location services to help you gather content. You are free to accept or deny this offer and we will never share your location.
D. Data Storage
Travel Kollekt uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run Travel Kollekt. Although Travel Kollekt owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Travel Kollekt application, you retain all rights to your data.
Travel Kollekt may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
Travel Kollekt may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Travel Kollekt primary account holder account or by placing a prominent notice on our site. Such notice will be given at least 3 days in advance of the date the new policy will be applied.
TERMS OF SERVICE
By using the travelkollekt.com web site (“Service”), or any services of Dot Guides ApS (“Travel Kollekt”), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). If you are entering into this agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity, its affiliates and all users who access our services through your account to these terms and conditions, in which case the terms “you” or “your” shall refer to such entity, its affiliates and users associated with it. If you do not have such authority, or if you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you must not accept this agreement and may not use the services.
Travel Kollekt reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: http://travelkollekt.com/about
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While Travel Kollekt prohibits such conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that Travel Kollekt cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
A. Account Terms
1. You must be 15 years or older to use this Service.
2. You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
3. You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
4. Your login may only be used by one person—a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate logins for as many people as your plan allows.
5. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Travel Kollekt cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
6. You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when Content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
7. One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one free account.
8. You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright or trademark laws).
B. Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms for Storage, Print or Download Purchases
1. All paid services must enter a valid credit card. Free accounts or services are not required to provide a credit card number.
2. Any purchase for direct download or print order will be billed immediately.
3. The Download and Print Services are billed immediately upon purchase and is non-refundable.
4. All fees are inclusive of VAT as according to the regulations from EU, but exempt of any additional taxes, levies, or duties that may be imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only Danish VAT & taxes.
7. Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account. Travel Kollekt does not accept any liability for such loss.
C. Cancellation and Termination
1. You are solely responsible for properly canceling your service. A phone request to cancel your service is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your service subscription at any time by sending a written cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. To permanently terminate your account, send a request to email@example.com. All of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service upon termination. This information can not be recovered once your account is terminated.
3. If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up period, your benefits will remain active for the entire time that you purchased and you will not be charged again. Should you wish to terminate your account before the end of your current paid up period, your termination will take effect immediately.
4. Travel Kollekt, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Travel Kollekt service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. Travel Kollekt reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
D. Modifications to the Service and Prices
1. Travel Kollekt reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
2. Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees, prints and downloads to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Travel Kollekt Site (travelkollekt.com) or the Service itself.
3. Travel Kollekt shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
E. Copyright and Content Ownership
1. We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. However, by setting your kollekted items to be viewed publicly, you agree to allow others to view your Content. By setting your items to be viewed publicly, you also agree to allow others to view and/or kollekt your items.
2. Travel Kollekt does not pre-screen Content, but Travel Kollekt and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
3. You shall defend Travel Kollekt against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against Travel Kollekt by a third party alleging that Your Content, or Your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of a third party or violates applicable law, and shall indemnify Travel Kollekt for any damages finally awarded against, and for reasonable attorney’s fees incurred by, Travel Kollekt in connection with any such claim, demand, suit or proceeding; provided, that Travel Kollekt (a) promptly gives You written notice of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding; (b) gives You sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding (provided that You may not settle any claim, demand, suit or proceeding unless the settlement unconditionally releases Travel Kollekt of all liability); and © provides to You all reasonable assistance, at Your expense.
F. General Conditions
1. Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
2. Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email. Support is only available in English.
3. You understand that Travel Kollekt uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
4. You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, Travel Kollekt, or any other Travel Kollekt service.
5. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Travel Kollekt.
6. We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
7. Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Travel Kollekt customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
8. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
9. You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
10. You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
11. If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by Travel Kollekt) of other Travel Kollekt customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
12. Travel Kollekt does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
13. You expressly understand and agree that Travel Kollekt shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Travel Kollekt has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
14. The failure of Travel Kollekt to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Travel Kollekt and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Travel Kollekt (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service). You agree that these Terms of Service and Your use of the Service are governed under Danish law.
15. Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.